chicken-users

Re: How to select a c compiler for chicken-install

From: alice maz
Subject: Re: How to select a c compiler for chicken-install
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 12:24:05 -0500

set C_COMPILER in config.make and rebuild. I use this to do dev builds with clang and just checked that it does make chicken-install use the same compiler

if you've already tried this and it didn't work, run `make spotless` and `chicken-install -purge` and try again. the eggname.build.sh scripts that chicken-install generates define CHICKEN_CC based on whatever's hardcoded in chicken-config.h, so if there's old files from a previous build remaining they could be getting in the way

-alice