chicken-users

【Deployment】

From: 亀田馬志
Subject: 【Deployment】
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:27:55 +0900

Hello.

I tried following and obeying the instructions described in Deployment, the manual of Chicken Scheme, in order to cock-a-do-do "Distributing compiled C files", but it did not work well.

1. Ubuntu Repository provides no source code of Chicken Scheme

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, currently an OS under the feather, and I could not find the source code of Chicken Scheme in its repository. Neither in Debian? I do not know.
Hen_ce, I had to build Chicken Scheme from its source code.

2. Where the chick can I find buildtag.h?

I switched to using Windows 10, and made an environment of Ubuntu with WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux). There I built a Chicken Scheme from its source, and followed the instructions. BUT. I could not find buildtag.h there even though the manual says "generated by the build process". Did I miss something? Is there any special way to get buildtag.h?

3. Anyway tried compiling "Hello World", but getting a bunch of error messages.

I did not know whether compiling with gcc worked well or not without buildtag.h, but I tried. The result was a bunch of errors, something like this:

"/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccJKB9L5.o: in function `C_modules_toplevel':
modules.c:(.text+0xad58): undefined reference to `C_chicken_2dsyntax_toplevel'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status"

Something related to toplevel stuff did not work well. As egg-spected? Maybe, yes.

Well, is there any technique of "Distributing compiled C files" outside of the manual, or is there anything I did wrong(especially in the building process)?

Thanks,

ウイルス フリー。 www.avast.com