chicken-users

Bitbucket has decommissioned mercurial repositories

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Bitbucket has decommissioned mercurial repositories
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 17:50:11 +0200

Hi,

This message is targeted at egg authors who have eggs hosted in
mercurial repositories in Bitbucket.

Bitbucket has decommissioned mercurial repositories [1].  It seems that
starting today those repositories are no longer available.

We have many mercurial repositories hosted in Bitbucket referenced by
our egg-location files.  Since those repositories are no longer
available, we are no longer checking for updates on them.  That DOES NOT
mean that the eggs are not available anymore -- they are just frozen in
our egg servers.

The following eggs are no longer being updated:

For CHICKEN 5:

* bitstring
* sendfile

For CHICKEN 4

* bitstring
* chickumber
* data-generators
* describe
* describe-coops
* dict
* edn
* json-rpc
* log5scm
* micro-benchmark
* missbehave
* nomads
* sendfile
* serial
* simple-configuration
* sqdb
* syslog
* test-generative
* uri-dispatch
* versions
* xbmc-api

If you are the author of the eggs above, please consider moving the
repositories to another server and, once you do that (in case you
haven't done it yet), please inform us the location of the new
repositories.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket

All the best.
Mario