chicken-users

Re: freeBSD chicken port

From: Paul Wisehart
Subject: Re: freeBSD chicken port
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 09:57:39 -0500

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 08:42:04PM -0700, Duke Normandin wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 22:31:28 -0500
> Paul Wisehart wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > You can see the binaries in /usr/local/bin.
> > chicken5 csc5 and csi5.
> > You can generalize begin using most FreeBSD packages.
>
> I discovered all of that already! But WHY change from csc and csi
> to csc5 and csi5? So next next Chicken upgrade will be csc6 and
> csi6? Why this complication? Thanks for your input!

The real answer would be from the FreeBSD package maintainer.
My point with finding out the binaries is I was trying to
"teach you to fish".  This is very typical to have different
names for binaries, especially if there are diff versions
installed simultaneously.

If develop good first princicples this stuff won't phaze you,
and you won't care what the names are.