chicken-users

Re: [Question] Is Chicken Scheme able to create shared/dynamic libraries

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Question] Is Chicken Scheme able to create shared/dynamic libraries (.so's or .dll's)?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 09:42:06 +0000

Hi,
I'm not a Chicken programmer yet but I'm interested very much in this language.

I could see that in the installation of Eggs, a .o object file is created.

So that, I have a question: Is Chicken Scheme able create shared/dynamic libraries a C/C++ does?

Yes: eggs are also built as .so files.
They can be dynamically loaded (dlopen) into a Chicken process.
If you want to call them from C/C++ code then there is more to do but it is possible.

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@ashurst.eu.org