chmspec-devel

Re: [chmspec-devel] FIftiMain SVG image

From: Pabs
Subject: Re: [chmspec-devel] FIftiMain SVG image
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:52:00 +0800

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 17:28, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> >  add leaf -> WLC pointers
> Yes I think that's quite important, you can't really tell from the
> current picture the relationship between leaf entries and WLCs.

Will do

> > arrows pointing to the #TOPICS file
> I agree. My first reaction on seeing the SVG was "but this is not the
> #TOPICS file..". Put it in a square or something.

My idea was to fade the arrows out towards it, but yeah, I'll do both.

> > PS: I'm hoping everyone has the ability to view svg, if not I'll do a png
> > conversion on request.
> Two hours later, after downloading the Adobe SVG plugin for Linux,
> Mozilla ignoring the plugin and Netscape crashing, I managed to view the
> SVG file :)).

least you can see svg now :P

> The only thing I can think of to add (but it's optional) is maybe word
> examples on the index and leaf squares. Like, for the topmost index node:

> an
>
> With arrows starting at the right place and pointing at corresponding
> index nodes, and so on, and then maybe in the #TOPICS file square some
> example simple data pointed to by the WLCs. Lemme know if my
> immagination is running around naked :)).

omg, why don't I just make one big SVG covering the whole of a CHM ;)
nope, but I'll think about how much of this I can implement. probly
won't go to the depth of adding detail to the topics file, cause there
is not really enuf room, unless I add an offset to each and every x
value in the file (would take ages by hand) - hmm, spose I could
translate(200,0) or something.

Bye,
Pabs