Re: [orp] gnu_classpath class files

From: Chandra Krintz
Subject: Re: [orp] gnu_classpath class files
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

I've updated the http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/~ckrintz/orp/gnuclasses.tar.gz
to include the .uni files as well as combined the reference classes
into the tree. As per Artur's suggestion.

Thanks!
Chandra

address@hidden wrote:

> Let me know if you have trouble with the file for some reason.

Yes, you have forgotten to include block.uni, character.uni and
titlecase.uni in gnu/java/locale directory. This causes Character class
fail to load, which in turn for example shows up during Integer.parseInt
call in strange form of uncaught error message. I've corrected it in my
directory and it seems to work perfectly. Anyway, thanks for packaging
it - really speeds up things.

If you will post next version of package, please move reference classes
to main tree as I've mentioned in previous mail - there is really no
reason for keeping them separate in binary-only distribution.

Artur

P.S.
And BTW, it is another reason to have Jochen's version of Character
class...