Re: A java DEBUG flag

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: A java DEBUG flag
Date: 27 Nov 2000 19:08:37 -0500

Bryce McKinlay <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian Jones wrote:
>
> > > Bryce> I propose an interface (this ensures that only constants can be
> > > Bryce> defined) called gnu.classpath.Flags (or CompileSettings?
> > > Bryce> DebugFlags?)
> >
> > Seems like a good idea to me.  Will you be modifying the configure
> > system so that the debugging can be toggled (--enable-debugging) or
> > should I?
>
> I was planning to look at classpath's configure and mirror the changes
> there, but if you want to do it that would be even better ;-)
>
> For reference, the libgcj patch is here:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/java-patches/2000-q4/msg00128.html

Thanks, the attached is the patch to classpath for the same.  I've
left the arguments to configure the same... seems like
--enable-java-debug should add '-g' to put debug symbols in class
files... and I couldn't really change the define in the java file
anyway without breaking gcj...

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>