Re: java.text.DecimalFormat

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.text.DecimalFormat
Date: 20 Mar 2001 09:39:31 -0700

>>>>> "John" == John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:

John> I have a DecimalFormat.java file here that seems to be from
John> libgcj, is this going to be integrated into CP?

Eventually.  I haven't had time to work on libgcj/Classpath
integration in quite a while :-(.  If you want to try merging
java.text, that would be great!  But if not I can't say how long it
will take.

Merging java.text will probably be hard.  For one thing the classes
are complex and underspecified.  So determining which implementation
is "better", when both exist, is not an easy task.  Second you'll have
to figure out how locale data should be represented -- Classpath and
libgcj currently differ on this.

Tom