Re: Empty source files?

From: Patrick Doyle
Subject: Re: Empty source files?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:03:09 -0400 (EDT)

Etienne wrote:

> Is there a good reason to keep empty source files in CVS, e.g.:
>
> javax/accessibility/AccessibleResourceBundle.java

There are only two reasons I can think of, though I have no idea whether
they apply in this particular case:

1. If a blank file is really needed.  Perhaps there is some process which
makes a list of all the .java files in a certain directory, and this blank
file was added to make this process work properly?

2. To maintain the CVS history, assuming someone will later implement the
file.  Perhaps it had been previously implemented, then someone removed it
for some reason, but wanted to keep the CVS history for when it's
ultimately re-implemented?

--
Patrick Doyle
address@hidden