Re: Breaking VM integration interface

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Breaking VM integration interface
Date: 08 Nov 2001 19:25:52 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> > Brian> This is okay, I will concentrate on getting VMs working that
> > Brian> use Classpath and testing the library.  Anyone with the time is
> > Brian> encouraged to do the same.
> >
> > I'd like to see Bryce's VMClassLoader change go in before the next
> > release.  This requires a small change to any VM that uses Classpath.
> > Basically his patch changes VMClassLoader.getPrimitiveClass() to take
> > a `char' argument instead of a String.

Is the point to avoid having to initialize String or do subsequent
method calls in native code to convert the string to a char array?
The change can be made, but get this, I think a small library (JNI)
should be provided that implements the new method and calls the old or
something similar provided documentation-wise.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>