Re: kissme release 0.20

From: jewel
Subject: Re: kissme release 0.20
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:27:13 +0000 (GMT)

>> >Does this mean it should work with Classpath CVS now?
>>
>> Yes, the files in the kissme-classpath packages are from CVS today.

>But does the kissme package (which contains the native JNI files)
>now also contain the latest c files for the libraries?

>You said that you had build requirements that prevented you from
>using the Classpath build environment. Is the new setup that Brian
>made better for your needs?

I should have been clearer. My main aim was to get kissme working with the
changes  made to the getPrimitiveClass method.

I didn't try to use the new classpath build scripts. I was put off by the
(version) requirements in the HACKING file for the different auto* programs.
So I'm still using (old) hand-updated native code and that is all compiled
statically into the JVM binary.

I will try to use the new classpath build environment soon, my JVM can do
dynamic linking and this will be preferable to the way I am doing things now.

I still want to preserve the option of doing static linking for special run-time
environments.

John Leuner

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/