Re: Compiling with gcj

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Compiling with gcj
Date: 09 Jan 2002 10:13:20 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> So I tried with a recent gcj 3.1 (from cvs) but got a compile error
Mark> since that version of gcj has another idea of what the
Mark> Class.protectionDomain field should be. I can work around this by
Mark> renaming that field:

This is probably a bug in gcj.
Right now gcj makes a lot of assumptions about how Object.java and
Class.java are written.  It might be nice if we could relax these
assumptions a bit, so that you can generate .class files for other
(non-libgcj) class libraries.

Tom