java-gnome

From: Jeffrey Morgan
Subject: java-gnome
Date: 30 Jan 2002 05:20:11 -0500

Java-gnome uses only JNI at this time.  I must say that
I have only begun to look at the classpath project so
I cannot comment on how well java-gnome might fit your
needs.  I would be happy to work with you to explore the
possibility of using java-gnome in your project.

As for the GTK+ port of SWT, the decision hasn't been
made to use java-gnome.  There already is a rough version
of SWT that uses GTK 1.2.  When they move to GTK 2 they
might use java-gnome.  Java-gnome is just at a stage
where it is working well with GTK 2 and I am in contact
with and will be working with developers within IBM to
determine if it makes sense to use java-gnome on the
eclipse project.

-Jeff