Re: configure (build) problem

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: configure (build) problem
Date: 03 Feb 2002 17:06:51 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 16:59, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> Mark wants to get the build right for a fresh machine. Hopefully what
> I'm doing can feed into that.
Yeah. Thanks for going through all the trouble. Part of the reason of
making a release will be to help people just do a configure && make &&
make install and not figure out all the GNU auto* stuff.

> I've got autocinf generating my configure script now. But when I run
> it like this:
>
>   $ ./configure --with-gcj
>
> I get the following output:
>
>   checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
>   checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
>   checking target system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
> [...]
>   config.status: creating gnu/java/beans/editors/Makefile
>   config.status: creating gnu/java/beans/info/Makefile
>   config.status: creating gnu/java/io/Makefile
>   config.status: error: cannot find input file: gnu/java/io/Makefile.in
>
> I'm using what's in the head branch of the CVS.

How strange. I just did a clean checkout and then a:
aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf

The automake step generated the Makefile.in from the Makefile.am in
gnu/java/io.

So doing a ./configure --with-gcj worked like a charm for me.

You do have a file gnu/java/io/Makefile.am?
Does rerunning automake create the gnu/java/io/Makefile.in file?
What about the files in gnu/java/beans/info? Do the Makefile.am,
Makefile.in and Makefile file exist in that one?

Cheers,

Mark