Re: java.lang.StrictMath

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: java.lang.StrictMath
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:33:26 -0700

Brian Jones wrote:

> I think it is fine.  I noticed this odd little class in the 1.3
> javadocs a couple of months ago and it says explicitly that it uses
> fdlibm, of course it says that in contrast to what it used elsewhere
> (pure Java, whee...).

The javadocs state that the class StrictMath must have bit-identical
results to the fdlibm library, after translating the C algorithms to
Java types.  StrictMath is required to be implemented in pure Java, not
in native code; it is only Math which permits you to use native code
(and inline things like cos() and sin()).

At any rate, I went ahead and committed the new file.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer