StringBuffer patch (Was: String.[last]indexOf() patch)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: StringBuffer patch (Was: String.[last]indexOf() patch)
Date: 15 Feb 2002 16:00:25 +0100

Hi,

I also checked in a StringBuffer patch based on the one in patch #24 for
from Isaac Jones.
http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=24&group_id=85

2002-02-15  Isaac Jones  <address@hidden>

    * java/lang/StringBuffer.java (subSequence): is new in 1.4,
    though it was already implemented in classpath.  I added the
    "@since 1.4" tag to make it compatable with the 1.4. I
    altered the exception thrown to be IndexOutOfBoundsException to
    make the documentation compatable with the 1.4.
    * java/lang/StringBuffer.java (indexOf, lastIndexOf): I copied the
    javadoc in the classpath String class.  The functions call through
    to those functions, so they behave exactly the same.

I altered the patch a little bit to remove the references to beta (the
1.4 spec is now final) and since it needed the same change as for
String.lastIndexOf() on which it was based.

Cheers,

Mark