Re: java.util.regex

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.util.regex
Date: 27 Feb 2002 16:33:16 -0500

Wes Biggs <address@hidden> writes:

> With a little gentle prodding by Nic Ferrier, I've implemented the
> java.util.regex package as a facade of gnu.regexp.

That's great!

> Any thoughts on getting this into classpath, logistics-wise?  I would
> like to continue to maintain gnu.regexp as a separately releasable
> project; I see the java.util.regex.* classes as bridge classes to its
> API from Classpath.  However, I have no problem relicensing gnu.regexp
> with the exception clause if that would make things easier.

At least one license of gnu.regexp would need to be the same as
Classpath.  Copyright assignment of gnu.regexp would be helpful
although if you have a number of large contributors that you don't
have good records for it might not be possible.

The package can be treated as 3rd party, and we can track it in CVS as
such or we can do as Nic suggested and perhaps try to include it
symbolically.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>