Re: FileURLConnection

From: Erwin Bolwidt
Subject: Re: FileURLConnection
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:36:18 +0100

Nic Ferrier wrote:

Erwin Bolwidt <address@hidden> writes:

Why don't you use the javax.naming abstractions? I know Tomcat uses it with success. It is very extensible

Using JNDI is not an option.

[...]

and it seems better than changing the API of a standard API
class...
I didn't propose that, see the next point.

you couldn't compile the code (without pre-processing) on
any other implementation of Java's standard APIs; that doesn't feel
quite right.

I could compile the code.

What I said I wanted to do was change the FileURLConnection
class. This is an implementation class in package:

  gnu.java.net.protocol.file

Alright, my mistake.
But note that I sent this e-mail to you personally, and not to classpath.
I don't follow classpath as closely as I would like, one reason being that probably clicked on too many Sun licenses to contribute much. And since I e-mailed you privately in the past, I thought it would be alright to just mail you my comment. I didn't intend for the reply to be Cc:-ed to classpath...

Best,
 Erwin