Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Kissme and Classpath

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Kissme and Classpath
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:15:50 -0500

This is what I'm trying to get at..
I'm try to seperate the whold test into a seperated file and so
different group of people can use a sub set of the test at a time
rather then just using allclasses in the mauve root or type it yourself.

The script that I make is just trying to help generating those test file
list and seperated them into a smaller subset. And now I can run

../useful_scripts/mauveTest java-io-classes

to test all the io test or

../useful_scripts/mauveTest all-classes

all the test in mauve.

I hope those script didn't give your more problem then help...
I personally think that may help. Please try it out and tell me it is
working.
Also if you are not using Kissme and want to try the script on other
java engine, please let me know.
I didn't able to build the new mauve cvs

   21. public class TestJdbc10 implements Connection, Testlet {
                    <-------->
*** Error: The abstract method "java.sql.Statement createStatement(int $1, int $2);", inherited from type "java/sql/Connection", is not implemented in the non-abstract class "gnu/testlet/java/sql/Connection/TestJdbc10".

I try to put that function in the source... still didn't work.. don't
know what is going on... ?
Alex

John Leuner:

../useful_scripts/mauveTest java-io-classes  #( this will hang! :) )
kk
Did you try testing one test by itself?

Something like this:

(from the mauve directory)

../../kissmecvs/kissme -classpath
../../kissmecvs/classes:/mnt/dev/kclasspath/classpath:.
gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness

Then type in the name of the test, ie:

gnu.testlet.java.lang.String.StringTest

You should see output like:

FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.lang.String.StringTest: Error : test_valueOf failed - 15
(number 1)
1 of 150 tests failed

And then push CTRL+D to stop.

Does that work?

It might hang because one of the tests (maybe PipedInputStream or similar),
doesn't work well with kissme/classpath.

John Leuner