Re: Method of executing Mauve

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Method of executing Mauve
Date: 06 Nov 2002 07:19:56 -0700

Brian> Someone mentioned they had a method of executing Mauve that
Brian> would appropriately time out and kill the bad VM.  I'm guessing
Brian> some use of expect/tcl here.  If there is an example I could
Brian> look at that would be great.

We do that in the libgcj test suite.  It isn't easy to extract though;
there's a lot of wrapper code, dejagnu stuff, etc.  You can look at
the file libjava/testsuite/libjava.mauve/mauve.exp in the gcc tree.

Ultimately it comes down to:

    set x [prune_warnings [target_compile [concat $uses($file) $objlist] \
                             $Executable executable $link_args]]

But that isn't much help, since target_compile itself is a bunch of
code in dejagnu.

Tom