Re: mauve results posted nightly

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: mauve results posted nightly
Date: 14 Nov 2002 17:28:14 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 22:58, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> Brian Jones wrote:
> > Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > The only problem I recall is that you can't use Collections with a
> > 1.1-only JVM due to the use of non-1.1 functionality in other
> > packages.  In my case it turned out you can run japize with any Java 2
> > JVM to inspect bytecode.  I'm looking forward (not) to figuring out
> > what needs improving in Kissme's reflection support so that it (a)
> > passes all those Mauve tests and (b) can help me test Classpath's
> > serialization compliance.
>
> Oh, so you can run japize with kissme+classpath? (japize doesn't use
> reflection at all any more, and I think mostly even avoids the
> situations where jode would use it as a fallback...)

I just tried that and it seems to run with Kissme.
But gij gave the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: The SHA algorithm
was not found to use in computing the Serial Version UID for class
java.awt.CardLayout
   at net.wuffies.japi.JodeClass.getSerialVersionUID() (Unknown Source)

I might have a fix for that from Raif Naffah that I will try tomorrow.
(It is already in my Classpath tree so that might explain why Kissme
doesn't suffer from it).

The only cotcha with compiling is the referencee to
org.omg.CORBA.BAD_OPERATION in JapiSerialize which seems to be save to
comment out.

Compiling with gcj to a native executable failed since the jode jar
references some javax.swing classes. Will try to get the sources of jode
later to see if they can be stripped out easily since they don't seem to
be used during runtime anyway.

Kissme did throw a OutOfMemoryError when trying all the java. packages.
But taking a smaller subset seems to work fine. Do you have a japize
example classes/arguments/output file to which I can compare my results?

Cheers,

Mark