status of java.util.regex support

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: status of java.util.regex support
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:42:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I read a while ago that support for java.util.regex
was to come into GNU Classpath, so I'm interested to
know what came out of it? I know there are stubs in
the CVS, but I've also read Wes wrote a
java.util.regex wrapper around his gnu.regex package,
so I'm wondering if there was any progress on getting
this into Classpath.

The reason why I'm asking is that Saxon 7.2/7.3 needs
java.util.regex, and a working java.net.URI
implementation. Parsing URIs should be quite easy if
there is a working regex implementation, given that
the RFC specifying URIs gives a regular expression
showing how to parse them.

best regards,

dalibor topic