Re: BSD-licensed library code?? Re: Suns JVM-Code under BSD-license

From: Freddy BL
Subject: Re: BSD-licensed library code?? Re: Suns JVM-Code under BSD-license
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:23:40 +0000

> I have not looked at the source other than this.  What am I missing?
> Did Sun just release swing, etc under a BSD license??

Probably not intentionally ...

You are right.
On 25.11. I have mailed Mario Wolczko (the leader of the Tracing JVM). And the following was his answer:

[cite]
The Tracing JVM is _not_ an open source project.  Source is not
available, and we have no plans to make it available.

From: "Freddy BL" <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:08:34 +0000

Hello Mr. Wolczko!

I have seen your Tracing JVM. But where is the SourceCode of this?
Under http://www.sunsource.net/ stand, that the Tracing VM is a OpenSource-project.
The license of the JVM is the BSD-license.
But I can only find the binary-version. :-(
Do you publish the BSD-licensed SourceCode in the future, too?

Greatings
Freddy

[/cite]

My question to him was applyed to the JVM and not to the classes, but I think you are right.

Greatings
BL-Freddy

MSN Groups & Chat - Freunde finden - leicht gemacht http://groups.msn.com/people/