Re: Classpath / GCJ java.io Merge

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath / GCJ java.io Merge
Date: 27 Feb 2003 19:48:17 -0700

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

Brian> Between gcj and classpath there is a difference of opinion on
Brian> whether to drop into native code (CNI) at every opportunity or
Brian> not and I think it has affected the way some things are
Brian> handled.

There don't seem to be very many places where the goals conflict.
But, yeah, there are some.  We should be better about identifying
these.  We can maintain `gcj local' variants of methods and classes
that are important to us -- as long as they are clearly marked, they
show up nicely on the diff page, and generally don't cause a big
problem for merging.

Tom