RE: FileDescriptor proposal

From: Anthony Green
Subject: RE: FileDescriptor proposal
Date: 18 Apr 2003 08:53:22 -0700

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 01:04, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Have you looked at the most recent GNU Classpath FileDescriptor?

Only just now.  I was looking at the last release (0.05).

> It
> fully encapsulates the file descriptor (apart from getNativeFd used by
> java.nio.*, but I'm ignoring that at the moment).

Yes, it's a big improvement.  Do you know what the plan is for
java.nio?

> Agreed, but I'm pretty sure that the current model only requires you to
> replace FileDescriptor.

Yes - that's what it looks like.  I suppose that if my proposal is not
accepted then I will just have to add a layer in my private
FileDescriptor to forward calls to stream specific handlers.

AG