Re: [Ikvm-developers] Eclipse under mono

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Ikvm-developers] Eclipse under mono
Date: 01 Aug 2003 16:59:55 -0600

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> You might or might not know that there is a prize for for the first VM
Mark> that manages to load Eclipse under one minute on some standard PC using
Mark> only free software (although it is a bit of a symbolic prize since it is
Mark> paid out of my own pocket). You can see a list of contestants and the
Mark> "official rules" at
Mark> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2003-04/msg00038.html

Hi Mark.

As I know you've heard, we've released a (mostly-)fully-compiled
eclipse.  See:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-08/msg00025.html

There are pointers there to all the sources.  The individual patches
aren't all in the upstream cvs yet, but they're available in the
SRPMs.

Our testing indicates that this eclipse starts up a bit faster than
eclipse running under the IBM 1.3.1 JDK.  That must be a speed
record...

Tom