Re: /classpath java/awt/font/OpenType.java ChangeLog

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: /classpath java/awt/font/OpenType.java ChangeLog
Date: 12 Aug 2003 10:30:35 -0600

>>>>> "Sascha" == Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

Sascha> I know about the implicit modifiers for interface fields, but
Sascha> I am a bit surprised that omitting them would be our coding
Sascha> standard. Is it a good idea to omit declarations that, while
Sascha> technically redundant, make the code easier to understand?

First, I didn't make this particular rule.  As I recall in libgcj we
did have all the redundant modifiers.

However, I think the rationale here is that even Sun suggests not
using these.

Well, ok, I could only find this style discouragement for modifiers
on methods.  See JLS 9.4.

Tom