Re: Kissme and Classpath CVS

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Kissme and Classpath CVS
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:52:39 +1000

Aaton Renn wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question, but I re-freshed my Classpath CVS
> and updated to kissme 0.31 and kissme isn't working.  I get:
>
> Couldn't preallocate OutOfMemoryError exception object
>
> if I pass in any class argument (even for a bogus .class file)

This is not a dumb question.

The Kissme in CVS and in the Kissme 0.0.31 release are currently
incompatible with the latest Classpath in CVS.  The breakage happened
when the new versions of java/lang/Thread.java and vm/reference/java/
lang/VMThread.java were checked in, changing the native method APIs for
threads.  [Yeah ... I know we were warned ...]

Compatibility should be restored in a day or so.  In the meantime, you
could either manually back out the java.lang.Thread/VMThread changes in
your Classpath CVS sandbox, or use the Classpath 0.0.6 tarball.

-- Steve