Re: classpath CVS not buildable

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: classpath CVS not buildable
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:06:34 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 10:54 schrieb Michael Koch:
> Hi Graydon,
>

> I saw that you commited gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkGraphics2D.java
> and other files into classpath. Unortunately this file has
> references to a class called GdkFont. But I can find no file
> defining the class GdkFont. Can you please fix this ?

To be more exact I present here the jikes compiler output as there are
more errors then the described above:

Found 3 semantic errors compiling
"/home/mkoch/src/classpath/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkGraphics2D.java":

    78.   private GdkFont font;
                  ^-----^
*** Semantic Error: Type gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkFont was not found.

  1135.     if (f instanceof GdkFont)
                             ^-----^
*** Semantic Error: A candidate for type "GdkFont" was found, but it
is invalid and needs to be fixed before this type will successfully
comp
ile.

  1138.       font = new GdkFont (f.getAttributes ());
                         ^-----^
*** Semantic Error: A candidate for type "GdkFont" was found, but it
is invalid and needs to be fixed before this type will successfully
comp
ile.

Found 2 semantic errors compiling
"/home/mkoch/src/classpath/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkPixbufDecoder.java":

    50. public class GdkPixbufDecoder extends
gnu.java.awt.image.ImageDecoder
                     ^--------------^
*** Semantic Error: The abstract method "void produce(java.util.Vector
v, java.io.FileInputStream is) throws java.io.IOException;",
belonging
 to the superclass "gnu.java.awt.image.ImageDecoder", has default
access, so it is not inherited and cannot be implemented in this
package. T
herefore, class "gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkPixbufDecoder" must be
abstract.

   211.     BufferedImageBuilder bb = new BufferedImageBuilder ();
                                      ^-^
*** Semantic Error: An instance of
"gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkPixbufDecoder.this" is not accessible here.
In general, an enclosing instance is
 accessible only in the body of an instance method, constructor (after
the explicit constructor invocation, if any), initializer block, or
in
 the initializer expression of an instance variable.

Michael
- --
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/