Re: Classpath java/awt/AWTEvent.java minor documentation patch.

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Classpath java/awt/AWTEvent.java minor documentation patch.
Date: 23 Sep 2003 10:44:21 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 06:30, Brian Jones wrote:
> Do we need paperwork to commit all of Ricky's documentation patches?

Yes, for all non-trivial contributions we require that.
I have already contacted Ricky about it.

Sorry for the bureaucracy, but we really want to prevent anyone ever
claiming that any part of GNU Classpath is not free software (not that
you can ever really protect yourself from dubious legal claims, see the
recent dubious claims of SCO, but we try to minimize the chance people
even try). People should feel that they will always be free to use FSF
distributed software. And having the FSF as main copyright holder also
makes it easier for the FSF to protect the copyleft parts of the
Classpath license terms.

For people interested into contributing to GNU Classpath, please see
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC2
If there are any questions about these requirements please feel free to
contact me about it.

Cheers,

Mark