Re: GNU Classpath 0.06 created

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.06 created
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:42:49 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 19:51, Per Bothner wrote:
> If you've created a cvs tag, and given it a real version number,
> I'd call it a release, even if it's not a 1.0 relase.  alpha.gnu.org
> has outlived its usefulness (evidenced by the fact that it is little
> used) now that "alpha" code is available in CVS for most projects.
>
> Note that alpha.gnu.org is not mirrored the way ftp.gnu.org is.

The 0.06 release is now finally up on ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/
I changed the webpages to point again to this location for downloading
it. And added a little news item to the Savannah pages.

I did ask about moving it to ftp.gnu.org, and about putting back older
releases and putting up daily snapshot releases, but they didn't
currently have time to do that. They are looking for an extra system
administrator BTW so in the future these things will hopefully be
handled a little smoother. See http://www.gnu.org/jobs/fsf-sysadmin.html

Cheers,

Mark