Re: [patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:37:23 +0200

Stuart Ballard wrote:

The HashMap putAll and putAllInternal (called from constructor) methods use size() to get the size of the map to be added, and then iterate over the iterator that many times to add elements. Instead, they should call hasNext() on the iterator.

Attached is a patch to HashMap and Hashtable to fix this issue.

Not attached here ;)

If someone would test and apply this patch, I'd be extremely grateful. (my paperwork was completed years ago, in case it matters - this patch is probably too small to care, anyway). The patch is untested as I've never been able to successfully build Classpath from source.

Could you give it spin on kaffe from CVS? It uses Classpath's collection classes.

cheers,
dalibor topic