Re: Workshop Oct. 14

From: Patrik Reali
Subject: Re: Workshop Oct. 14
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:48:46 +0200

Hi Sascha,

thank you for taking the burden of organizing this! Here are my (small)
propositions.

I would like to hear the people / projects taking part to the BoF present
the goals of their projects and their roadmap, to know what is going on and
in which direction classpath will (or will have to) evolve, and identify
possible synergies.

I think that your idea of making an extended tasklist (including required
knowledge and estimated work) is great; the BoF should continue this, by
identifying other possible tasks. Maybe it is possible to find more
developers by launching this as "adopt a piece of classpath" or with some
other funny/fancy slogans....

The VM integration is also an important point. We could work on improving
the VM Integration Guide by explaining the rationale of this design, in
particular when are VM classes used instead of native methods and vice versa
(and thereafter checking whether the code follows this rationale).

And maybe (but only as last topic) you could schedule the discussion about
the NotYedImplementedException, as I guess the list may not have reached an
agreement on this before the LinuxKongress.

-Patrik