Re: java.io.File and its native methods

From: Etienne Gagnon
Subject: Re: java.io.File and its native methods
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:28:22 -0400

This makes no sense whatsoever.  File is NOT VM-specific in any way.

VM*.java should be reserved for the VM interface only.

Etienne

Michael Koch wrote:
Hi list,

I started to do some GNU classpath/VM separation work. I decided to split the native methods of java.io.File into its own VM class called java.io.VMFile. The refactoring worked really smooth and so I provide here the patch for discussion. I have one minor nitpick myself VMFile is located in java/io/ currently. Before commiting I will move it to vm/reference/java/io/.

Please review and comment.

Michael

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/