Re: GNU Classpath 0.09 release (not yet, but pre1 available)

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.09 release (not yet, but pre1 available)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:27:45 +0200

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Mark, Hi all,

> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 13:42, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>> As I already proposed, I still want to help cp-tools and gjdoc...
>
> Great. Thanks.
> There are several things that need to be done before we can easily and
> correctly use gjdoc to create official GNU Classpath API documentation.
>
> - HTML entity issues as described in [bugs #4823] HTML entities such as
> auml and nbsp should be put back in the API doc
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=4823
> The problem is unanalyzed and happens when using the native compiled
> gjdoc as described in the FAQ:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/faq/faq.html#faq5_1
> It would be great if someone could analyze what goes wrong.
>
> - Copyright statements as found in the actual source file should appear
> in the generated HTML file.
> What we need is an option to get the first comment block text that
> contains the word 'Copyright' in it by gcj to be put in the generated
> XML file so that we can use XSLT to put it into the HTML file.

Is it a feature present in the original javadoc? That's not a problem if
not, but I just wanna know.

> - The generation of HTML files should be speed up a lot. It seems that
> we can generate the XML files in not to much time, but the XSLT
> transformation to XHTML takes hours. Someone with XSLT performance
> experience would be great (or someone that would like to learn about
> that of course).

I did never thought about that ;-) I'll look at it...

> - We do have images for some of the API doc, but those are not put into
> the resulting HTML files.

Only the first sentence of the packages.html page is copied in the
index.xml file. But the rest is not copied in the generated html file
([task #962] Parse package.html and extract <body> contents; there is a
note saying 'Mark solved this' so maybe I'm wrong and I need to re-sync
the Debian package); also the 'doc-files' directory is not copied ([bugs
#8898] copy doc-files directory).

I also plan to file bugs against all the original javadoc arguments
gjdoc does not understand because in Debain we'd like gjdoc to be a
complete replacement of javadoc tool.

Arnaud Vandyck

< sam> /.ing an issue is like asking an infinite number of monkeys for
       advice
                -- in #debian-devel