Re: portable-native-sync patch

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: portable-native-sync patch
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 19:24:10 -0400

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Steven,

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 21:28, Steven Augart wrote:

I intend to commit this to Classpath on Monday, May 24th, or Tuesday, May 25th, unless I receive either additional feedback on it or a request for more time from someone who has taken on the personal commitment to review it.

I take it with me on the laptop during the weekend (I won't be online
much) and go through it. As you said it works already with kaffe which
is a great test of portability.

Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review it.

> Were you able to fix the "keep moving
the mouse" problems you were talking about on irc for jrvm?

I've figured out why our catching poll() and select() doesn't work now. What has me confused is how it ever worked before. Since we don't have a user base that uses AWT at the moment it's not urgent for me to fix; I want to get some sleep.

I do have some style nitpicks. I'll try to handle those without creating
a big flamewar about it. I hope :) [I like to keep the ChangeLog and the
source style consistent even if not everybody agrees with every little
detail. But this part was already not following GNU style earlier (which
I like to fix, but it is no big issue).

We've managed to interact for three months without any flamage, so I don't see any need for it to start now.

I'll take your style remarks either on the list or off of it, as you see appropriate.

I make no secret of the fact that some aspects of the GNU Coding Style for C make me queasy -- I use K&R with four-space indentation -- but I did convert gthread-jni.c over to it, out of deference to project standards. If I failed to completely do the conversion, I want to know about it.

I'm of course especially interested in technical feedback that will help me improve my programming irrespective of the project I'm on.

--Steve
--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm