getting started with Classpath

From: Leston Buell
Subject: getting started with Classpath
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:31:35 -0700

Hi. I am very new to all of this, so please go easy on me. I have not been successful in finding what i need to do to compile my java programs to native code using Classpath. I am using Mandrake 10 and have both gcj and the latest Classpath installed. I can compile my programs using gcj if i don't alter the CLASSPATH variable. When i tried to use Classpath, i did this:

 set CLASSPATH=/usr/local/classpath/share/classpath/glibj.zip
 export CLASSPATH

Then i used the same compilation command as i did without Classpath:

 gcj -c -g -O Hello.java

But i get the following error:

 Hello.java: In class `Hello':
 Hello.java: In method `Hello.main(java.lang.String[])':
 Hello.java:6: internal compiler error: in size_binop, at
 fold-const.c:1459

How do i fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Leston