Re: Patch: BasicPermission constructor

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: Patch: BasicPermission constructor
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:08:20 -0400

I approve

Andrew Haley wrote:

2004-08-04  Andrew Haley  <address@hidden>

        * java/security/BasicPermission.java: Don't check wildcards.
[....]

+    // This routine used to check for illegal wildcards, but no such
+    // requirement exists in the specification and Sun's runtime
+    // doesn't appear to do it.

This looks fine. I reviwed the API spec on java.security.BasicPermission and I agree with your conclusion. I approve committing it to classpath.

I'm CC'ing this reply to classpath-patches because that's the list where most of this stuff is getting processed, as you probably know already. In this case, it's enough of a functionality change that I understand why you posted it to classpath. Makes sense.

--Steve Augart