Re: gnu.java.nio.FileChannelImpl

From: Ewout Prangsma
Subject: Re: gnu.java.nio.FileChannelImpl
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:03:32 +0100

Michael Koch wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 20:33 schrieb Ewout Prangsma:
Michael Koch wrote:
Yes, such stuff can be done as optimization. But we have to do
this carefully. We have to make sure this can be exploited by
bad code. I would guess the current code can be exploited. I
need to write some applets to test this.
I think this approach would be safer, because the open method i
mentioned can (and should) be package protected. The current
FileChannelImpl is public, so everyone can access it.
About the optimization, i consider it necessary when i want to
use classpath out of the box, since i'm not supporting native
methods.
package-privateness doesn't help much when the class is in a
different package. We need to carefully check how to do this.
Corret, that's why it should be in the same package. Like most of
the VM classes are.

Hmm, where would you put it ? Into java.nio.channels because it inherits FileChannel, or java.io because its used there ?

Ahhh you got a point there. Well in that case i would suggest java.io, to make the package protection work.

Ewout