Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:54:50 +0100

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:26:24AM -0500, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-18-03 at 09:56 +0100, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I asked mark if he could make sure the announcements were made in such a
> > way
> > that newbees could get started right away.  The obvious problem that
> > classpath is useless without a VM has promted him to include the most easy
> > to use and or well known ones to include in the announcement.
> > A move I applaud.
..
> it seems you're saing that SableVM might not be "well known".

The above asked for some VMs, nothing more.  I did not mean to imply
anything about which VMs that include or not.  Any conclusion you make
about what the above says is thefore incorrect.

> Could you please tell in what way are JamVM, Kissme and JikesRVM easier
> to use with GNU Classpath than SableVM?

As I understand earlier postings in this thread, and the blog entry on
the subject on planet-CP, you need to pass an extra argument to use the
classpath release which the announcement was for.

Note that your questions in no way pay attribution to the core of my post
you replied to, you only questioned the points made in my introduction :)

--
Thomas Zander