Re: RPM spec file?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: RPM spec file?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:27:23 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 12:12 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Does an RPM spec file for Classpath exist? Is there interest in
> creating one? I'd be happy to work on it. We can save it in scripts/
> or somewhere.

There is an old one by Brian Jones.
http://www.haphazard.org/~cbj/classpath/classpath.spec

> My motivation is that a JC RPM needs to depend on "classpath", but
> there's no RPM for Classpath yet. I see "classpath-inetlib",
> "classpath-mail", etc. RPMs.. but none for Classpath.

I don't know that much about packaging. For Debian packages I believe
they want to do their debian control files themselves and don't like to
have them in the upstream sources. I don't know what the conventions are
for rmp packages. But it seems a good idea in general. There are a
couple of packages that can then depend directly on a classpath package.

Cheers,

Mark