Re: [Patch] java.util.logging.LogManager

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: [Patch] java.util.logging.LogManager
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:13:26 -0400

Sven de Marothy wrote:

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 15:27 -0400, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
Sven,

Firstly, please don't ever put formatting and code changes in the same patch! This is bad because it makes it difficult to distinguish code changes from changes that are purely reformatting.

Actually, I'm taking back my previous apology, since I looked back and
discovered that I did indeed seperate the patches. (although not the
commits).

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath-patches/2005-02/msg00084.html

Ahh, ok. I think that doing separate commits is important as well, as for someone browsing through the CVS history it will be difficult to see code changes amongst the noise of the formatting changes.

Bryce