Re: CORBA tests: Can we use the former cost.omg.org?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: CORBA tests: Can we use the former cost.omg.org?
Date: 02 Jun 2005 09:57:09 -0600

>>>>> "Audrius" == Meskauskas Audrius <address@hidden> writes:

Audrius> The SourceForge contains a large project, called corba-cost
Audrius> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/corba-cost/). There are no releases,
Audrius>  no homepage, only one developer, but the CVS contains a large
Audrius> amount of code.

Audrius> The code looks like CORBA tests, I think, written by the different
Audrius> commercial groups. The most of the files contain no copyrigth
Audrius> headersl. The CVS tree contais several text files with the
Audrius> widely known texts of the GPL and LGPL.

Audrius> Should be believe? Before adapting tests and moving them into
Audrius> Mauve, I would like to ask for the list opinion. The
Audrius> http://cost.omg.org/ is really dead, but maybe somebody know
Audrius> details about that project or otherwise can tell me if the
Audrius> use of that strange thing could posess any danger to the
Audrius> project.

Do we need to copy it to Mauve?  Maybe you could ask the remaining
developer for write access to the sourceforge project?

I think we can take this project at its word, unless we have some
particular reason to suspect it.  Also, since it is a test suite I am
less concerned about it, as we aren't going to ship it, just use it
for testing.

Tom