Re: Does J2SDK 5.0 BCL preclude contributions to Classpath?

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Does J2SDK 5.0 BCL preclude contributions to Classpath?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:31:02 +0200

I read your paste as being unable to create _new_ classes not published in
the Java Platform Interface "JPI".
Referencing the 1.4.2 version; this simply seems like a shorter version
saying the same things, except where the 1.4.2 version said you were
allowed to invent new APIs, but had to publish your API, this one does not
even allow that.

I mean; how can you argue that re-implementing the File object is a creation
of classes, interfaces or subpackages?

So, the license has changed; but only to make sure all API additions are
done via the JCP and/or by Sun.

IANAL; but I would not worry about this.