Re: regression in logger?

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: regression in logger?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:38:34 -0700

On Jul 11, 2005, at 4:54 AM, David P Grove wrote:

This started showing up in regression tests of Jikes RVM with classpath cvs head recently. I haven't dug deeply, so it could be a latent problem in Jikes RVM that was exposed by a classpath change, rather than a real classpath bug, but might still be worth mentioning. The failing program
is SPECjbb2000.

This is caused, at least in part, by the recent change I've made to the X509Certificate class to use java.util.logging for debugging instead of System.err.println. It might be that a certificate is being loaded too early for there to be a stack trace?

Anyway, I don't think it is unreasonable to use loggers that early. Should loggers perhaps not depend on a full stack trace, if one isn't available?