Re: Pacific/Easter TimeZone.java

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Pacific/Easter TimeZone.java
Date: 11 Aug 2005 08:48:06 -0600

>>>>> "Bastiaan" == Bastiaan Huisman <address@hidden> writes:

Bastiaan> The Pacific/Easter TimeZone has been defined incorrectly in
Bastiaan> java.util.TimeZone. It should go into and out of DST at the
Bastiaan> same UTC as Chile (America/Santiago), not at the same
Bastiaan> wall-time as Chile.

This code was generated by scripts/timezone.pl.
Maybe it was run against an incorrect timezone data file?
Could you try running scripts/timezone.pl (there is a comment at the
top showing where to get the data) and seeing if that helps?

Bastiaan> I have no prior experience with this mailing list, so I hope I have
Bastiaan> reported this the right way.

You did fine :-)

Tom