Proposal: Weekly Classpath meetings on irc (Thu 17:00 UTC)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Proposal: Weekly Classpath meetings on irc (Thu 17:00 UTC)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:04:22 +0200

Hi all,

We are developing things at an incredible pace. And it seems most things
go pretty smoothly even though the pool of people hacking on GNU
Classpath and the number of packages we implement keep increasing. Also
the different distributions seem to be packaging more and more stuff now
that gcc and kaffe are regularly merging in the core libraries. But it
is sometimes hard to keep an overview of who is working on what or who
is blocked on something that someone else needs to do or has promised to
do. Some of us are on irc from time to time to make communication easy.
But even then not everybody is and not everybody is there at the same
time. So I would like to propose a short weekly get together on
irc.gnu.org channel #classpath each week to keep each other more up to
date on each others progress. Just something short, say 15 min. Just to
see whether everybody is still going forward. Big items should of course
be discussed on the mailinglist. And we should always sent and summary
of the irc meeting to the list for those that couldn't make it.

I propose a first meeting on Thursday 6 October at 17:00 UTC on
irc.gnu.org #classpath. I'll make a short agenda, but nothing formal,
just to get things started. BTW That is 19:00 in Amsterdam, 1:00 PM in
Boston or 18:00 in London. More times at:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2005&month=10&day=6&hour=17&min=0&sec=0

Hope to see you at the "meeting"!

Any volunteers for making meeting notes that can be sent to the
mailinglist afterwards?

Cheers,

Mark