Re: Classpath Meeting Minutes (2005-10-07)

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: Classpath Meeting Minutes (2005-10-07)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:01:56 -0700

On Oct 7, 2005, at 4:25 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 02:49 +0200, Robert Schuster wrote:

Integration of GNU Crypto was mentioned and that we have to wait for Casey's rewrite of it. Mark stated that Casey would be the only one being able to do the
integration nicely.

s/GNU Crypto/Jessie/
Casey Marshall is working on NIO support in Jessie
<http://jessie.nongnu.org/>. Jessie is packaged for the various
distributions. But various people (on the Jessie mailinglist) had
trouble getting the latest release integrated with the latest inetlib
and classpath releases.

FWIW, there's no reason to wait for me to finish NIO support in Jessie, because that won't be ready for some time.

There is a bug fix release of Jessie out now (1.0.1) and a new version of GNU Crypto will be released approximately "when I get around to it." A release candidate is currently available [1].

There should be no reason why importing either of these would present any significant problems; Jessie can be used as-is, and GNU Crypto may be used with some of the bits that aren't needed trimmed away.

1. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-crypto-discuss/2005-10/ msg00003.html