Re: Updated FreeSwingTestApps

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Updated FreeSwingTestApps
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:10:35 +0100

Hi Archie,

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 10:01 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Another good one to test would be the Apache Batik SVG browser.
>
>    http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgviewer.html
>
> This Swing app uses the graphics toolkit very heavily.

Interesting application. I am currently unable to get past the
(beautiful!) splash screen. The progress bar updates, but then I get
some obscure error. Could you add this one to the webpage (probably
under and add some comments about what to download where and how to
startup plus anything you think is helpful for people wanting to this
going? http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/FreeSwingTestApps

For the moment I am running some non-free-swing tests. Free Swing looks
pretty OK except for the fact that it looks like JScrollPanes don't
work/update. Anyone seen that, or knows which patch caused that? (See
for example Tree World in the Free Swing Demo. When expanding nodes
scrolling down doesn't seem to do anything.)

Thanks,

Mark